16 Aug Tips For Boosting A Company’s Social Media
It’s not uncommon for business owners to focus on the operations of their business and neglect a social media presence. However, social media plays an essential role in how customers discover, research and share information. In fact research shows, around 60% of customers who search for products and services online, learned about a company through social media.
Staying on top of your company’s social media presence, building it, nurturing it—and at times putting out fires—should be on your to-do list every single day. Not only is it a long-term strategy for attracting new leads, it also can affect your business, positively or negatively, in a very short period of time.
Here are five easy ways to build your brand and business through social media:
- Identify your goals: Have a purpose. Be clear about what you want to achieve – your goals should be measureable, achievable and relevant. Make sure you understand how the different platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.) work and how they can best be utilised.
- Understand who you’re trying to reach: Get to know what your audience wants and needs. Identify what they like to read – so you can create targeted and relevant content. Showcase your business and attract more people by ensuring your content is valuable.
- Interact: Posting content is not enough. Add a personal touch to your social media accounts by engaging with your followers. Respond to comments and answer questions – let people know you are listening to what they’re saying. Building relationships with your followers will increase the likelihood they will share your content.
- Optimise your accounts: Use hashtags to increase traffic to your social media accounts and make your posts more visible. Link your social media profiles to your website. Use keywords that link to your business. Add social icons to your website and emails to make it easier for people to connect with you.
- Create a social media strategy: Have a plan. Create an integrated content calendar that includes all of your accounts – try using a spreadsheet as a starting point. Decide how often you want to post. Find out the best time to post on each platform. A calendar will ensure that you always have quality content to share, that you’re not missing important dates, and will allow you to spread out content across all platforms.